By: Kristen Clifford
I found a taco soup recipe on Pinterest. It is a weight watchers recipe. I decided to give it a try, and it was amazing! I did make a few modifications to the original recipe, but it has been a recent family favorite. The best part is that it’s super easy to make! A meal that is easy, healthy, and my kids will eat it is always a huge win in my book!
Weight Watchers Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 lb ground ground turkey breast
- 2 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
1. Brown the the meat and onions and drain.
2. Mix the taco seasoning mix and ranch dressing mix into the meat.
3. Add all the other ingredients, without draining.
4. Simmer for about 1 hour.
When I serve the kids theirs I strain the chili, so they don’t get any liquid, which makes it much easier for them to eat. I like to top mine with a little greek yogurt (it taste like sour cream, but it healthier for you!), fresh cilantro, and a little fat free shredded cheddar cheese.
I usually measure myself out 1.5 cups of it, and sometimes I can’t even finish it because it’s so filling! This one recipe is usually enough to feed all 5 of us for two nights! Nothings better then minimal cooking and two dinners worth of food.
5 thoughts on “Taco Soup”
This makes me want chili, but I am still looking for a perfect GFCF, additive, dye and preservative free chili recipe…
Turkey breast! Would love to try a taco with turkey as the meat. This recipe looks promising. I’ve been craving something spicy recently and I think this will be it.
I need to make this!
I add frozen or canned green beans. I also break up taco chips and put over top or in the bottom of the bowl . . . yum and extra special. It’s a sort of clean out leftovers from the frig recipe.
You don’t have the nutritional information available, do you? thanks, Annette