By: Alison Puzia, Guest Contributor
After the holidays, cold weather no longer seems cheery and festive. Instead, it becomes a nuisance that prevents kids from playing outside. Is your family getting cabin fever from staying inside to avoid the cold? Don’t worry, we have the solution! Check out these fun winter activities that the whole family can enjoy:
1. February 2nd is Groundhog’s Day! Take a trip to Drumlin Farm’s Groundhog’s Day Celebration and watch the farm’s very own groundhog, “Ms. G,” make her weather prediction. Enjoy snacks, stories, nature-themed crafts and visiting other farm animals. Ms. G’s prediction starts at 10 am, but the festivities last until 4 pm.
2. What’s the perfect way to wind down after a long day? Head over to Pajama Story Time at Raynham Public Library on Monday, February 3rd at 7 pm, to relax with quiet songs and stories.
3. Every Wednesday at 10 am, starting February 5th, the Children’s Museum in Easton will host Exploring Music, a fun and interactive class that will help your child learn about rhythm, dancing and a variety of musical styles. Admission is free for members and $9 for nonmembers.
4. Wednesdays at 11am in February are PEEP Preschool Science Days at the Children’s Museum in Easton. Children will learn about plants, nature and living green in through hands-on activities, stories and games.
5. Your children (ages 3 and up) will love this active twist on story time: Yoga Story Time at Raynham Public Library. It’s a great way to learn the basics of yoga, while also enjoying story time! Yoga starts at 1 pm on Thursday, February 6th.
6. Don’t miss Kid’s Night Out at the Academy of Gymnastics in Stoughton on Friday, February 7th, at 5:30 pm. Your kids will have a blast tumbling through the gymnastics obstacle course, making crafts, and chowing down on pizza.
7. Take your kids to solve The Case of the Fantastic Forgery at the Children’s Museum in Easton. This weeklong event features special guests, activities, and the chance to solve the mystery! The fun begins Monday, February 17th and runs through Friday, February 21st.
8. February Vacation Week is coming up. What better way to spend it than at Soule Homestead Education Center’s Farm Fun Vacation? From Tuesday, February 18th to Friday, February 21st, kids between the ages of 5 and 10 can spend the day learning about and interacting with farm animals. Hurry- registration ends Friday, February 14th.
9. Enjoy pottery-making and wood turning demonstrations, face painting, storytelling and many other family friendly activities at Free Family Day at Fuller Craft on Thursday, February 20th.
10. Celebrate the upcoming Winter Olympics at the Learn to Curl event at the Bridgewater Ice Arena on Sunday, February 23rd at 8 pm! Register for your $35 lesson to become an expert at this exciting sport. Make sure to sign up ahead of time, as space is limited.
Does your family have a favorite winter event? Share it with us!
One thought on “Winter Fun”
This sounds like a lot of fun things are happening, I think the yoga story time sounds the best!