By: Abigail Ancherico, Guest Contributor
Celebrate the start of summer and outdoor dining with these colorful recipes that are full of flavor and fresh ingredients for the whole family to enjoy!
1. Red, White & Blue Salsa: Prepare this colorful appetizer for any cookout, day on the beach or afternoon by the pool.
We all love to kick off the summer with these fun colors so why not turn them into a sweet and spicy salsa. The fresh blueberries and strawberries in this salsa add crunch and would be delicious over your favorite chips or grilled fish.
2. Cuban Grilled Corn on the Cob with Queso Blanco and Lime: Spice up standard corn on the cob with this south of the border recipe.
We all love the familiar taste of melted butter over corn but with these flavorful ingredients and a squirt of lime, you may never want to go back to the old past time recipe. This fiery and zesty corn will be perfect at any summer dinner.
3. Chipotle Lime Grilled Skewers with Avocado Ranch: There’s nothing like a good skewer recipe to get the grill cranked up for the season.
Try this new tender and flavorful chicken recipe this weekend. When avocado, ranch and grill marks are combined, it’s a guaranteed winning recipe.
4. Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches: Memorial Day is not complete without red, white and blue sprinkles.
Ice cream sandwiches are a favorite past time rain or shine. Whether you are throwing a party or cooking for your family, this dessert will be a success. Spruce it up with sprinkles or swap out vanilla for strawberry ice cream. Kids will love to help make these!
5. Blueberry Peach Cobbler: Fresh blueberries and peaches are summer hits on their own, but when baked together, nothing else compares to this deliciously fresh dessert.
This colorful cobbler will be bubbling with fruit and crispy topping. Perfect for a summer dessert and even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. You will want to make this recipe while these fruits are ripe and in their peak season.
One thought on “5 Recipes To Try This Memorial Day”
This is a great tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
Short but very precise info… Thank you for sharing this one.
A must read post!